Σας ενημερώνουμε ότι στις 6-12-2018 ψηφίστηκε στη Βουλή το σχέδιο νόμου του Υπουργείου Τουρισμού με τίτλο «Θεμ
Showing 20 from 54 ItemsToggle Filters
Voula Rooms to rent , built in accordance with the traditional architecture, are the ideal accommodation to enjoy 50 meters from the beach of Kardamyli that’s name is Ritsa. It consists of five rooms and one studio with its own fully – equipped kitchen. All rooms provide high – level facilities such as refrigerator, en suite bathrooms, air – conditioning, TV, hair-dryer and appliance for baking water. There is also a fully – equipped kitchen for common use. In addition, all the balconies have a wonderful view of the sea and the mountain. Finally we provide parking and wi-fi. Moreover, MR.s Voula’s warm welcoming and hospitality encourage you to develop bonds of true friendship for a lifetime.. Contact: Tel: +30 27210-73400, +30 27210-86063 ΜΗΤΕ:1249Κ112Κ0157900
Unnamed Road Stoupa
The vine of Pausanias are huge trunks of vines that spread over trees (oaks) in the churchyard of St. Nicholas in the village Pagrati between Achaia and Arcadia borders. Vine of Pausanias is a significant monument of nature in the area. It was named by the historian Pausanias when he visited the area. In his Arcadian Pausanias mentions vine as a phenomenon peculiar. It’s age estimated at about 3000 years and length of 100 meters.
In the dominant hill north of the Monastery of Agia Lavra, stands the splendid monument of the nation. It is the memorial of the fighters of the Revolution of 1821, which commemorates the sacrifice of those who fought for the Independence of the Greek Nation against the Turks. The monument was officially revealed on the 24th of March 1971. The monument is composed of three statues depicting the clergy, for their participation in the Revolution, the fighters of the Revolution and Freedom from the Turkish rule. Each year, celebrations are held to commemorate the historical day of the declaration of independence, and the Municipality of Kalavrita organizes activities which include a memorial service, the deposition of wreaths, a one minute silence in the memory of those who fought and the playing of the national anthem.
Memorial Column for the Fighters of the Greek War of Independence
The monastery is situated 10km away from the town of Kalavrita. Built on the wild and steep side of a 120m high rocky hill there is a unique view from the monastery’s balcony. The monastery’s cells have been built around the entrance of a cave. The monastery was founded at this location in 362 A.D. by two brothers, Symeon and Theodore, because an icon of the Virgin Mary was found deep inside the cave where there’s also stream. The icon was discovered by a shepherd girl and was created by Apostle Luke from mastic and wax. In 840 A.C. the Mega Spileo was burnt down by the Iconomachs. In 1285 Andronikos Paleologos rebuilt it and from then on, this monastery became one of the richest in the country. In 1400 and in 1600 the monastery went through another two fires at which point the church was burnt down along with the precious library containing rare manuscripts. In 1934, the monastery went through again with another fire during which invaluable relics were destroyed. The monastery was rebuilt, in 1936, but suffered severe destruction in December 1943 from Germans. Germans executed 22 monks and all other staff members and their bodies thrown […]
The Monastery Of Mega Spilaio
The monastery is located on the right bank of the river Selinountas, opposite the village Lapanagoi of Municipality of Kalavryta, 30 kilometres from the city of Kalavrita and it is dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary. The Monastery which was built in 532 AD by strategist of Makellaria, as shown by an inscription which still exists, in order to atone from slaughter during the famous “Stasi of Nika” in Istanbul. In the centre of the Monastery it is the Panagia Makelarias, which is a small Byzantine church with a beautiful wooden-carved screen, on which it is placed the icon of the Virgin. This is an authentic Byzantine art piece, with a distinctive feature because wherever you stand, the Virgin’s eyes give you the impression that they follow you. The monastery was destroyed by the Turks in 1458 and renovated by the monk Neophytos. The original name of the monastery was the Virgin Mary Lithostrotiotisa, because it is built on a rock. The name “Makelaria” was given to the Monastery during the carnage that took place when the Turks attempted to conquer it in 1458. After many days of siege Turks occupied the monastery and kill the monks and […]
Ιερά Μονή Κοιμήσεως Θεοτόκου Μακελλαριάς
Just 4,5km away from the center of Kalavryta located the monastery of Agia Lavra, surrounding by many trees. Right of the main entrance of the monastery is the church where it is declared and blessed the revolution by the Bishop Paleon Patron Germanos during the feast of the Annunciation in 1821. The revolutionary flag that was raised on the revolution of 1821, today it is stored in the third monastery that is built since the revolution because the second monastery burned by Ibrahim and it was saved only its catholic place. The third monastery also destroyed by earthquake, fire and the Germans in 1943, but rebuilt.Also saved are the diamond encrusted Gospel, which were a gift from Catherine the Great and the vestments and the pastoral rod of Paleon Patron Germanos. The collection complements a large number of crosses of precious stones and other important objects of worship. From the large collection of images stands out the image of Saint Panteleimon dated in the 1600. On 25th of March every year, there are many celebrations with the mainly one to be the representation of the assembly of the chieftains and the raising of the revolution flag. Opening hours of the […]
Moni Agias Lavras
he Elementary School of Kalavryta built in the early 20th century and began operating in 1906. It is a four-grade school with neoclassical architectural elements and specific typology. It is built according to the first state program of construction of school buildings which stood by the engineer of the Ministry of Education, Demetrius Kallias and institutionalized by law in 1895. From the first years of operation it have teachers for all classes and was equipped with teaching aids for the teaching of the historical, linguistic, technical and practical subjects. During the Occupation ceased operations. Used as a school only from September until December 1943. This was the shortest school year in long-term contribution to education. On December 13th, 1943 burnt down by fire caused by the Germans. After the Liberation, the school was rebuilt according to its original architectural design. It reopened in 1955. In 1986, it was declared by the Ministry of Culture a national heritage monument and was designated as the building destined to house the Kalavrita Holocaust Municipal Museum. The School of Kalavryta was one of the most spacious public buildings in the city with a large yard. During the period of occupation from 1941 until the […]
Δημοτικό Μουσείο Καλαβρυτινού Ολοκαυτώματος
Terpsichore Apartments, located in 20 acres of green, next to the seaside, in Vathy, Kyparissia, offer sea-view accommodation.All independent and furnished apartments include a bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom with hairdryer. Air conditioning, TV, Wi-Fi internet, barbeque facilities and parking are also provided. Guests may relax in the large balcony, with spectacular views of the mountain and the Ionian Sea. The location is ideal to explore the surrounding area and its beautiful landscapes. Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.4 for a two-person trip. This property is also rated for the best value in Kyparissia! Guests are getting more for their money when compared to other properties in this city. We speak your language!
The temple of Apollo Epikourios, one of the most important and most imposing temples of antiquity, stands in the bare and rocky landscape of Bassae. It is unique in the history of ancient Greek architecture because it combines a variety of novel ideas both in its external appearance and in its internal arrangements. Indeed, Pausanias considered it to be among the finest temples of the Peloponnese in terms of sheer beauty and harmony, second only to that of Tegea (8, 41, 8). The building is dated to 420-400 BC and is believed to be the work of Iktinos, who succeeded in combining masterfully several Archaic features imposed by the conservative tradition of the Arcadians with the characteristics of the new Classical style. The surviving temple is not the first one to have been constructed on the site. The earliest temple of Apollo erected in the late seventh century BC, possibly at the same location, was rebuilt at least twice in approximately 600 and 500 BC. Many architectural features from these two phases survive, including a large terracotta acroterion with ornate painted decoration, roof-tiles and antefixes. The Classical temple was raised on bedrock, on a specially built terrace. Like several other […]
Temple of Apollo Epikourios
The telescope of the National Observatory of Athens named “ARISTARCHOS” is the largest telescope in the Balkans and the second largest in continental Europe, which is at the top “Neraidorahi” at Helmos at an altitude of 2,340 meters. Aristarchus was named in honor of the ancient Greek astronomer Aristarchus. Some of the telescope characteristics is its large field of view that is ideal for participating in international programs, the very good optical quality which have sharp images, the remote control option and the programmable operation over the network from its headquarters in Athens Observatory or from other partner of the Observatories in Greece or abroad, the equipment with modern astronomical instruments such as CCD cameras and spectrographs of high and intermediate resolution. The reasons for preferring the top of Helmos for such a modern and important project of the National Observatory of Athens is that there is provision of functional infrastructure of the establishment of the Ski Centre where it is easy road access, electricity and phone, does not suffer from light pollution of cities as major cities are behind the mountains. It is also one of the darker parts of Europe, the telescope is above the clouds heavily annually […]
It is undoubtedly the most impressive miracle of nature anovlasitikis and a little-known secret. Unfortunately there are no signs, so you have to show your short dirt road south of the village that takes you to a spring and a shrine. Behind the fountain there is a mysterious and pitch dark cave (those having done a cursory exploration of the interior speak for great images and underground lakes!) And after park will descend the steep slope with trees, pressing carefully onto a thick rug platanofylla as the riverbed. There you will see the source of the hum that sounded eerie as on the street: water from different directions mingle over a cave pierced the roof, falling violently in a dark lake and continue to join the Selinunte. The image is highly suggestive with the fine mist of the spray of the waterfalls to humidify the atmosphere, the light plays with the drops xetryponontas ceiling of the cave and the waters to enforce the stone sovereignty of the country. The image is breathtaking, and perhaps that’s why fairies (which certainly lived here) took the voice of the innocent villagers. Undoubtedly from here passed Callisto and all the nymphs of Artemis and […]
Simplicity, beauty, bright sunlight, emerald seas, an outdoor museum of history for some. Mani is the place of the Olive, of the Rock, of the Sun, of the Sea and of Hospitality. Its wild beauty, preserved through the centuries, keeps fascinating the traveler from the first instance. On these grounds, we have created a series of settlements according to the traditional architectural elements of the region and guarantee comfort, relaxation and moments of joy at the same time. Taletos Apartments are located in Stoupa Messinias 250 meters from the sea. We are a family business with friendly atmosphere which provides hight standards of accommodation. Taletos Apartments is a complex of 7 residences built with respect and attention to the Manian landscape, history and tradition.
Nine are the places of water around the earth, separate from the tenth, the Water of Styga. The waters of the Stygas linked to theological and philosophical ideas, such as the Eleusinian Mysteries and the Orpheus and Pythagorean belief in reincarnation. The Styga is an underground river. The Styga has her plangent palaces in Tartarus (From “tourtourizo”: tar – tar), where Zeus threw the Titans, the Giants and others who opposed his will. Styga lives apart in her glorious rooms, built with stones and long supported all around with silver pillars. Dragons look after her all day and night. In Titanomachy Zeus with the other gods fought against Potter of Saturn, who was assisted by his brothers, the Titans. The Oceanis Styga, who had four children the Kratos, Via, Zilo and Niki, came to help Zeus. The Styga help Zeus also in Gigantomachy. In the waters of the Styga swore all the gods, even the Sun. It was the greatest oath of the gods and in her water gods have their sentences when they were punished. Styga’s name brought fear to gods and humans. They said that no living being would survive if he drank from this water. The glass, […]
Epar.Od. Sarantapichou - Idaton Stigos, Egialia 250 06, Ελλάδα
We welcome you at Stoupa Quartet, a complex of 4 traditional houses at wondefrul Stoupa, in Messenian Mani. A little bit further up the wonderful Stoupa beaches, in a serene landscape Stoupa Quartet complex is the ideal destination for those who want to stay in picturesque Mani at fully equipped lodgement away from the crowds. This is a complex of 4 two storey houses, 3 of which (Adagio, Calma & Ritenuto) consist of 2 separate apartments of 45m2 each (one at the ground floor and one at the first floor) and a 100m2 maisonette (Amabile). You can check our lodgement at: www.stouparooms.gr 1. Adagio A two storey traditional house that consists of 2 separate 45m2 apartments (one at the ground floor and one at the first floor) each of which can host up to 4 people. The apartments are fully equipped (electricity and kitchen devices). Facilities: Air Condition, refrigerator, cook, heater, TV, iron, coffee machine, frape maker, kettle, hair dryer, microwave, toaster, setting for 6, pots and pans. In each apartment there is (see photographs): Lounge and dining room Kitchen Bedroom (double bed) Bathroom (shower) Balocnies verandas 2. Amabile Two storey traditional house (100m2), stairs, fully equipped, up to 6 […]
Stoupa Quartet lafktro
One of the most important sights in Kalavryta is the Site of Sacrifice, which located at the hill of Kapi. It is east of the town of Kalavryta (500m away from the city center), on the way to Helmos Ski Center. It is the site where the entire male population (14 years old and under) of Kalavrita executed by Germans on December 13, 1943. Now in this area it is a great Cross, which reminds us this heinous crime. In columns that surround the central area are the names of the families of the executed. There is also a catacomb, which has as small hanging lamps as many families of the executed. Next to the catacomb it is a stone sculpture that dominates the pained mother. This is a symbol of human enduring, which created by Anna Vafia. It is symbolize the women heroines of Kalavryta (Mother, sister, grandmother, daughter) who struggled to overexertion reinstall the totally destroyed city. Every year on December 13, after the memorial service in the cathedral of the city leads the mournful procession to the Site of Sacrifice, where a memorial service celebrated Memorial Invitational.
Τόπος Θυσίας Καλαβρύτων
Fully equipped rooms on Hermione beach and Port a/c, fridge, plasma tv, parking, free wi-fi Sea View and view at forest Bisti Low Prices about 30-40€ per night On the ground floor there is the famous restaurant ‘Spyrantreas’ and direct access to dining and other entertainment places. 3 minutes walk to find amazing gulfs for swimming rooms are about 10 minutes distance (with car) to many golden beaches. At Mpisti forest you can enjoy very interesting long distance hiking and the canyon Katafyki is also offered for a fachinate walk. highlights of the region is Agion Anargyron abbey and Ermioni’s Laographic Museum also from here you have the option for daily cruises to Ydra, Spetses, Porto cheli and Epidaurus. tel: 6977665106, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Port of Ermioni
Situated just 200 metres from the beach, Romeo’s House offers spacious studios with views of the sea and the castle of Monemvasia. Accommodation at Romeo’s House is practical and comfortable, and includes kitchennette with fridge, TV and air conditioning. Pristine beaches, taverns and café can be found within walking distance. The town of Monemvasia is just a short drive from the hotel.
It was built by sultan Vagiazit the Second in 1499 across the castle of Antirrio, to control the passage from the sea, from the Ionian Sea to the Korinthian Bay, which was called “kioutsouk Tsanak Kale”, i.e. “Mikra Dardanellia”. In 1532 it was occupied by the Spaniards and Andrea Doria, and retaken by the Turkish. In 1603, the Knights of Malta caused considerable damage. In 1687, it was conquered by Morosini. There are drastic reconstructions and it is getting its current form: new towers, battlements, strengthening of the ramparts. In 1715 the castle is dominated by the Turkish, while in 1828, after a siege, the Turkish yield it to General Maison. Then, it is repaired and delivered to the Greeks and it is used as a prison for a long time. In World War II, the Germans established in the Castle. Externally, the castle of Rio has the shape of an equilateral triangle whose northern corner coincides with the tip of the peninsula while the two sides are coastal. The south side, except for walls and towers, is also protected by a moat which used to get filled with seawater bringing the Korinthian Bay together with the Patraikos Bay. Beside […]
Address: POSEIDONOS 1 Region: KAMINIA Mun. District / City: VRACHNEIKA Telephone: 2610-241313 Fax: 2610-241315 Email: email@example.com Website: www.poseidon-hotels.gr Operating Period: ALL YEAR Number of rooms / room type: 14 rooms 38-44 sq. meters Distance from city center: 14 km …public transportation: 100 m …sea: 50 m …sights: 35 km Room Amenities Lodging Facilities ✔ Τelephone ✔ 24h Service ✔ Internet connection ✔ Parking ✔ TV satelite ✔ Accessible to people with disabilities Iron ✔ Conference Room ✔ Safe ✔ Internet connection ✔ Hair Dryer ✔ Bar Heating ✔ Elevator ✔ Air condition ✔ Restaurant Coffee – Tea ✔ Breakfast Smoking rooms ✔ Swimming pool ✔ Minibar Sport facilities ✔ Additonal bed ✔ Playground ✔ Rooms for disabled ✔ Dry cleaner ✔ Room-service Exchange ✔ Wake up Service ✔ Pets allowed Radio Post services Information center Client transportation
Poseidon Palace Studios KAMINIA PATRA
Close to Planitero into the plane trees forest originates the Aroanios river. It is formed in the villages Planitero and Arbounas from water of the basin of Feneos that arriving here from sinks. Reinforced by the smaller streams Lagada and Xaliki and flows in a southerly direction until it meet with the river Ladon. The length is about 10 km. The sources of the river Aroanios at Planitero village and the forest combined with the possibility of food are just some of the attractive elements that are worth visiting.
Epar.Od. Sarantapichou - Idaton Stigos, Kalavrita 250 07, Ελλάδα