Map Search

Just 4,5km away from the center of Kalavryta located the monastery of Agia Lavra, surrounding by many trees.

Right of the main entrance of the monastery is the church where it is declared and blessed the revolution by the Bishop Paleon Patron Germanos during the feast of the Annunciation in 1821.
The revolutionary flag that was raised on the revolution of 1821, today it is stored in the third monastery that is built since the revolution because the second monastery burned by Ibrahim and it was saved only its catholic place.

The third monastery also destroyed by earthquake, fire and the Germans in 1943, but rebuilt.Also saved are the diamond encrusted Gospel, which were a gift from Catherine the Great and the vestments and the pastoral rod of Paleon Patron Germanos.

The collection complements a large number of crosses of precious stones and other important objects of worship. From the large collection of images stands out the image of Saint Panteleimon dated in the 1600.

On 25th of March every year, there are many celebrations with the mainly one to be the representation of the assembly of the chieftains and the raising of the revolution flag.

Opening hours of the Monastery of Agia Lavra:

Winter hours: Daily 10:00-13:00 & 15:00-16:00.
Summer hours: Daily 10:00-13:00 & 16:00-17:00.
Telephone: +30 26920 22363.


Our Address:

Moni Agias Lavras


38.0127879, 22.08104359999993