In the dominant hill north of the Monastery of Agia Lavra, stands the splendid monument of the nation. It is the memorial of the fighters of the Revolution of 1821, which commemorates the sacrifice of those who fought for the Independence of the Greek Nation against the Turks. The monument was officially revealed on the 24th of March 1971.
The monument is composed of three statues depicting the clergy, for their participation in the Revolution, the fighters of the Revolution and Freedom from the Turkish rule.
Each year, celebrations are held to commemorate the historical day of the declaration of independence, and the Municipality of Kalavrita organizes activities which include a memorial service, the deposition of wreaths, a one minute silence in the memory of those who fought and the playing of the national anthem.